Background information on the conference can be found here. Among the questions to be addressed:
- What types of interactions and relationships currently exist among institutions at different scales, and among public and private schemes?
- How do international institutions such as UNDP, UNEP and the World Bank interact with small-scale and private initiatives?
- Can international institutions promote effective collective action at smaller scales, or is such action too dependent on specific local context?
- Can international institutions learn from small-scale collective action, scaling up local solutions, or is the international environment too different?
- Can international-local interactions disseminate global norms downward within society, for better implementation? Can they transmit local voices upward, for more participatory and better-informed global policy?
- How do polycentric governance systems manage their complexity? Can international institutions improve system management?
- What impacts do different forms of polycentric and multi-scalar governance have on outcomes? Can we identify successful models of interaction and management?